Preparing freezer meals is something I really should do more often. An hour of prep on a Sunday night can seriously be a sanity savor during the week. We have Football starting up for Wunderboy on Friday, and Wundergirl will be continuing her swim practice 3 nights a week so I will be needing quick meals ready to go for my hungry little athletes. Cooking in the crock pot is great for the summer, too, since it doesn’t heat up your kitchen like the stove or oven would. Since I know I’m not the only busy mama out there I’ve put together this list of easy to prepare crock pot freezer meals. There are 6 recipes listed but you will get 9 dinners from them since most are double recipes that you split into two.
1. Spaghetti Meat Sauce:
- 2 lbs groud beef (browned)
- 2 cans diced Italian style tomatoes
- 2 jars traditional pasta sauce
- Split ingredients into 2 freezer bags. Defrost in regrigerator over night and heat on low 4 hrs. Serve with Pasta.
2. Creamy Pork Chops:
- 4-6 thin sliced pork chops
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Combine ingredients into large freezer bag. Defrost in refrigerator overight and cook on low 6-8 hrs. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
3. BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 bottles of BBQ sauce
- Split ingredients between 2 freezer bags. Defrost over night in refrigerator. Add half a can of our favorite cola and cook on low 6-8 hrs. Serve on buns.
Let me know what you think of these recipes and if you all like them, I’ll be sure to add some more!