This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s baby season! Is that a thing??? Well, in my family it certainly is! Last winter, my sisters and I ALL found out we were pregnant within just a couple of months of each other! Crazy, I know! Anyway, now it is officially BABY SEASON.
My middle sister just welcomed her first son two weeks ago, and my youngest sister is due at the end of August with a bouncing baby boy as well. I will be rounding us all out, and evening up the grand-kid totals with three boys and three girls, as our little girl is due early September! See, it’s totally baby season.
So since it’s baby season and all, I need to put together a few gifts. To be honest, baby gifts can get to be a bit mundane. They are either large “gear” items or a bunch of blankets and onesies tossed into a gift bag. I wanted to do something a little different that would be super cute AND super functional. I have opted for making them Baby Blanket Cupcakes using Disney Baby’s line of adorable receiving blankets and bibs.
Oh, and I just couldn’t help but share….here is my FIRST Nephew! Isn’t he just precious?! He might as well be a cupcake because I could just eat him up!
Many parents love to use the classic look of Disney Baby for their children’s nursery’s so you really can’t go wrong with Mickey Mouse! Let’s go shopping, why don’t we?
I headed to my local Walmart which carries a large selection of Disney Baby items – and you always know it’s Disney Baby by the Disney Baby Castle Logo shown on the packaging. There I found all of the classic characters like Mickey and Minnie and Princesses and also some of the newer ones – Nemo and Monsters, Inc. I found all of these items in the baby section.
There were many characters to choose from but I ultimately decided on some fun Mickey Mouse Receiving Blankets and Bibs to put my Baby Blanket Cupcakes together.
Ok now that we’ve done our shopping let’s get on with our Baby Blanket Cupcake Tutorial. To make it easy for you all, I have put together a quick video that you can follow along with. To get started, though, you will first need to gather your supplies.
Baby Blanket Cupcake Tutorial
- 4 Disney Baby Receiving Blankets
- 4 Disney Baby Bibs
- 8 White Coffee Filters (large size)
- 1 8″ Square Cake Box
- White Twine
- Assemble your cake box. I found a package of them at my local craft store.
- Fold each Bib into thirds. Starting at one end, roll the bib tightly.
- Lay out each blanket still folded from package. Fold in half, lengthwise.
- Place rolled bib at the end of the folded blanket and begin to roll the blanket around the bib until “cupcake” forms.
- Use a length of white twine to tie around the finished “cupcake” so that it does not com apart.
- Using two coffee filters together as your cupcake liner, place finished cupcake blanket into the liners. Repeat with the remaining blankets and bibs.
- Place four baby blanket cupcakes into your cake box, top with the lid, and tie off with Ribbon.
I just cannot wait to gift my sisters with their Cupcakes!! I hope they like the classic “Mickey” theme that I went with. What is your favorite Disney Baby Character?