Packing lunches gets extremely boring after the first few weeks of school. By the time the spring semester rolls around your kids are likely bored of eating the same old thing over and over again. This is when it’s time to switch things up and pack the perfect lunch.
Let’s face it, if the kids are bored with their food, they aren’t going to eat it. Instead you might find whole sandwiches returning home untouched or the apple you packed thrown in the trash. So let’s stir things up a bit and make lunches fun again!
This post was sponsored by DOLE® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I’ve found DOLE Mixations® to be a fun and imaginative way to pack some fruit into the kids lunches. And to make it even more exciting, you can turn them into a fruit flower with a special note of encouragement to get them through the rest of the day.
The kids love to find notes from mom in their lunches and the excitement of a new fruit in the shape of a flower? Even better!
With DOLE Mixations there are four flavors of exciting fruits to try, so lunch doesn’t get boring. A favorite in our house is the Pineapple-Mango Sauce with Pineapple Pieces but with so many personalities and unique tastes they have all loved the variety that DOLE Mixations offers. Each of the other flavors have been super fun to try; Apple-Strawberry Sauce with Dices of Apple, Peach-Apple Sauce with Pineapple Pieces, and Apple-Raspberry Sauce with Dices of Apple.
Since the DOLE Mixations are non-GMO*, contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors, are gluten free and rich in Vitamin C I feel confident sending them as part of a good lunch for my kids. The fruit is in the sauce, instead of juice or syrup making lunch and snack time mess free – no liquid to splash out!
Lunchbox Fruit Flowers
To make the super fun Lunchbox fruit flowers all you need is a cup of DOLE Mixations, a sheet of colored paper or foam, 1 plastic spoon, and a green permanent marker.
- Cut the shape of a flower on your paper
- Trace the center circle using your DOLE Mixations cup
- Cut out the center circle and push the paper up onto your bowl
- Color your “stem” using a green permanent marker and a plastic spoon.
- Don’t forget to write a note before you pack it in the lunch box (the DOLE Mixations packaging is designed to inspire creativity with lids that you can customize with fun designs and personal messages for your loved ones for an unexpected pick-me-up)!
- Want to try them for yourself? Visit: https://dolesunshine.com/products/mixations and save $1.00 on any one (1) package of DOLE mixations
Want to try DOLE Mixations for yourself? Visit the DOLE Mixations Website and save $1.00 on any one (1) package of DOLE Mixations.
* No genetically modified (or engineered) ingredients